Penne Alla Vodka
1 shallot diced
3 clove garlic diced
1/2 cup tomato paste
2 tbsp. of Yo Mama's Vodka tomato sauce
Add salt as necessary
1/2 cup Boxed Pasta any brand penne preferably
1 cup heavy cream
Parmesan grated on top
Basil to garnish
1) In a large skillet over medium heat, add avocado oil . Add shallot and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, 4 to 5 minutes.
2) Add tomato paste, stirring frequently, until paste has coated shallots and garlic and is beginning to darken, 5 minutes.
3) Add vodka sauce to pot and stir to incorporate, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pot.
4) Turn off heat.Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente. Reserve 2 cups of pasta water before draining.
5) Return sauce to medium heat and add 1/4 cup of pasta water and heavy cream, stirring to combine.
6) Add half the Parmesan and stir until melted. Turn off heat and stir in cooked pasta. Fold in remaining Parmesan, adding more pasta water (about a tablespoon at a time) if the sauce is looking dry.
7) Season with salt if needed. Serve topped with more Parmesan and torn basil leaves.